Friday 27 February 2015

POSTER

Today I worked with Kate who is in my group, to come up with ideas for our poster. We have had a photoshoot in which we took various photos of Demi who plays the main character. As a group, we've decided that the main character should be the focus of the poster. I also feel our target audience will engage a lot better with someone of Demi's age. It allows us to use someone's face as we want to be mysterious about who the killer is. We also make sure to create suspense by deciding to use half of Demi's face either as a profile shot or by placing her hair in front of her face slightly. I also suggested using branches and leaves to cover her - this is highly relevant as it highlights the way in which her character is running through a forrest. It allows the audience to know more about the setting of the film.


 These two photos are shots demonstrating the various angles we have considered as a group. I took into account where we might place the font and left room on the left of each where font and relevant information would be placed.


I created this image using Photoshop. I selected the photo with Kate and from here I took it into photoshop and edited the background where we can see shades of red and green. I used an airbrush and used several layers to build up the colours on the image. I then added filters and I altered the lighting and contrast of the image. I built up a variety of darker colours underneath other layers to create a slightly darkened image. The murkiness to the photo creates an eerie vibe and the colour red has connotations with danger, blood and violence. I kept the character separate from the background and the girl is highlighted as she is a contrasting light colour to the greens and reds. I felt the green used could suggest earth, woodland or a forrest. 

2 comments:

  1. As part of your response to Evaluation question 5, you have investigated how distributors attract and address audiences through social media. You have taken responsibility for planning and creating a film poster as well as a film website design. Excellent work, Agatha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will the finished poster be posted under Evaluation question 5?

    ReplyDelete